Seven Microservices Tenets | WalkingTree Technologies
Some microservices proponents have previously claimed that microservices form a new architectural style. On the other hand, advocates of service-oriented architecture (SOA) argue that microservices is merely an implementation approach to SOA. Let’s take a look at the 7 tenets of Microservices.
- Message-based remote APIs expose independently deployable and scalable services each having a single responsibility.
- Business-driven development is applied so that each service represents and models a business capability.
- Services encapsulate their own state, most probably in a loosely coupled fashion
- Programming and persistence are polyglot, and communication technologies are also chosen in a best-fit “polyglot protocols” manner
- Services are deployed into lightweight containers.
- Decentralized Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) is practiced.
- More DevOps practices are applied, end-to-end service monitoring for business agility, and domain observability.
to know more about Microservices tenets and SOA.
Originally published at https://walkingtree.tech on August 24, 2020.