Migrating SaaS to Cloud: How to do it without disruption — WalkingTree Technologies
When you are running a SaaS on legacy hardware, there are chances of running into a couple of challenges. Let’s take a look at how you can migrate SaaS to Cloud hassle-free.
3 reasons to migrate to the Cloud:
- Overcome legacy infrastructure limitations: One of the most common reasons why organizations are moving towards cloud is the legacy infrastructure limitations. When we talk about legacy limitations it includes limited scalability, end of life equipment, and compatibility issues.
- Data Availability — In order to ensure high availability for critical workloads, enterprises have to invest in expensive setups such as replication-based twin cluster nodes, Raid configuration, etc. Even with the expensive solutions, it’s relatively difficult to ensure high availability for important data. On the other hand, the cloud deploys geo-replication and other similar services to make sure that even if a data center or region goes down, the data is available.
- On-Premises Hardware — With the migration from SaaS to cloud, enterprises can opt to build a completely hardware less environment.
Now, take take a look at 3 ways to migrate from SaaS to cloud:
- Enterprises can use migration applications such as vMotion and Azure Migrate
- By using data transfer devices (DTDs)
- Use replication services over the wire
to know more about the migration of SaaS to Cloud.
Originally published at https://walkingtree.tech on July 20, 2020.